Six good safeguarding tips:
- Shred financial documents and other printed personal material before discarding.
- Do not leave your laptop computer, iPad, iPhone or Blackberry in your car (or Starbucks) unattended.
- Do not leave a computer you are logged on to unattended or unprotected.
- Do not share your passwords with other persons (and do not post it next your computer).
- If you have sensitive printouts, don’t leave them lying around where unauthorized, prying eyes can see them.
- If you use your home computer for business purposes, follow all company policies for handling and storing work-related information.